Learning by writing
I always learned when writing. But there's this autodidact's dilemma:
I've never learned any political theories. I've no theoretical background in social and economic sciences…I analyzed various socio-economic and political systems, but not too much…there're great books and the blogosphere is really rich of great ideas…see my As Read At list.
But where to begin is a personal choice and the emergence of progressive problems force you to dive deeper into a particular discipline….along the writing.
About a political system that may fix what it eventually broke - Innovation
That is an usual objective of innovation. And my simple idea is: it must be adaptive - more computational. Quant Politics. So, one of the controlling idea is to apply my knowledge on how to make innovation not only working but attractive enough to be integrated…
It must be adaptive because of the complexity of the economy and labor. They must develop in a coevolution. It's radical innovation, but to make it acceptable it needs to use existing tools and instruments. Our money system. Taxes. Transfer Payments. Hard- and Soft-Infrastructure. Financial Instruments…but differently set up and applied.
It's required to be much more quantitative
Its foundation is the philosophy of Speculative Realism, where new contexts are written into blank socioeconomic spaces. To understand whether a theory is possible we need Constructors. And politics need to surf at the waves of reality and adapt its decisions by recalibrating its models…
It shall help avoiding the no-problem problem
That is what politics impresses: the constant peeking for danger allows no no-problem phases and the soporific we-are-doing-so-well often leads to a crisis.
Hiding the chances of risk breeds fear - hiding the dangers of risk creates disasters and crisesWe need policies against exaggerated fear and recklessness. Consequently, a new political system needs to work with quantitative support. It must be interactive. Evolutionary. It has to work with simple models and tools. It must support explorative and experimental political learning enabling much more direct democratic elements.
To integrate it quickly we need to accelerate the change process
I recommend to run through the following phases of the promotion process: Reaction according to the principle of chemical reactions between groups with different philosophical beliefs, cultures, social systems, economies, stages of development, educational standards…Circulation by a kind convection at the boundaries of different political segments with different expectations, knowledge and skills...Diffusion by concentric dissemination of information and frameworks.
Integrate it by projects
It needs projects to understand the required behavior changes, how much it contradicts world views, culture, social systems, economy. Projects shall tell us how it is accepted, how much explanatory support it needs and how quickly it gets stuck without direct intervention and how it spreads with the help of early adopters and multipliers.
A politics of open innovation and sharing
Taking the complexity economy and labor of the future and the technological evolution and combine them, I come to a few conclusions:
- Our money system should be programmable and implementable in a kind of Internet of Money. Implementing a book that is not owned by anybody, but everybody. It would most probably enable the implementation of a much more dynamic book keeping system
- New methodologies and technology could empower a politics with much more direct democratic elements
- A better understanding of property rights, use rights and copyrights could open the possibilities of privately offered semi-properties enhancing the usual hard- ind soft-infrastructures provided by the public sector…emphasizing on the stimulation of innovation
- The Main Street could benefit more from the innovations of the Wall Street without suffering from the downsides
- To help turning automation into augmentation the progressive tax system shall be extended from wages to total income and a basic income should be implemented stepwise according to the future of work…tax systems and transfer payments shall be adaptive
- The general direction of the system design: as decentralized as possible - as centralized as required
I'm not megalomanic…thinking that my book will convince authorities to make the changes...but I hope that one or the other idea will attract experts to transform them into concrete projects.
I've looked into politics through the lens of an innovator and innovation marketer.